Living Victoriously with Anxiety and Depression
There are four Major sessions here:
- Brief look at mental health
- Power of the word of God on the mind
- Power of Praise on the mind
I believe that the word of God always calls us to action therefore when I teach I also like to schedule discussion time and response time to God’s word so it will not be just another good workshop or teaching but it will be a time that participants choose to hear from God and take steps towards change. To make the sessions more meaningful we can take two approaches as far as time is concerned
A weekend retreat
- Here we would have two sessions on forgiveness. Each session would be followed by discussion in small groups and reflection time alone with God for each participant
- We would have a session on trying to understand what is going on physically in the brain when one struggles with both anxiety and depression.
- We would have two sessions on The Power of God’s word on the mind these would include looking into our lives and searching for areas of bondage and receiving prayer ministry so we can walk in freedom and start using the word of God to fight our battles
- Two more sessions on the power of Praise on the mind followed by a similar interaction as after the power of the word.
Each session would be about 45 minutes followed by 20-30 minutes discussion groups and then 30 minutes of personal reflection time. These schedule is not set on stone I am flexible I am only giving you an idea of what has worked and accomplished the best results. I am open to suggestions.
We could also do two months weekly sessions
Meet once a week and study all four subjects starting with three weeks on forgiveness then continue with looking at mental health followed by sessions on the power of God’s word, and the power of Praise. The sessions would be two hours long including input, discussion and personal reflection time.
I would be available for another hour for any person who would like some one on one time of ministry.